The “Love One Another” Retire the Debt effort invites us all to recommit to the charge given to us in scripture…that we love one another as Christ has loved us. There are many ways to love one another. Though it is a rare person who is thrilled by the concept of debt retirement, we are a church with a big heart and big plans to serve. Because of that call, we envision paying off the mortgage on our new space once and for all, so that all contributions to the church can be used in ministries and programs for the church and our larger church community in Northern Virginia. We also envision supporting several innovative mission opportunities that will spread our love to the community at large.
Unhindered by debt, we will be better equipped to live out our mission as a church, and with your participation, we will steward the use of this space and our resources for the benefit of the church and this community.
Our goal: To raise $1.5 million dollars (90% to pay the remaining mortgage, 10% in mission giving for Preschool Scholarships, Community Table, and Affordable Housing – ways that we can make an immediate impact on the lives of our neighbors)
To find out more or just to enjoy fellowship, please join us for lunch on Sunday, March 26th or Sunday, April 30th, when we will share in fellowship and casual conversations about the Love One Another Retire the Debt effort. All are welcomed, and we hope to answer your questions and update you on the progress made toward our goal. To join us, please be in touch with the church office to reserve your place today!
On behalf of your entire Love One Another Committee, we look forward to hosting you at one of our casual conversations and answering your questions about the effort. We look forward to providing you an update on BPC’s Retire the Debt effort – the Love One Another campaign.
John Ariale & Jessie Doll, Co-Chairs, Love One Another Committee