Director of Burke Presbyterian Church Preschool
Part Time (30 hrs)
Burke Presbyterian Church Preschool is searching for a new Director to provide dynamic and thoughtful leadership to the faculty and staff, fulfill the vision, and serve by providing early childhood education experiences for young children and their families. BPCP is a ministry of the church and partners with the Director to fulfill the preschool’s mission:
In grateful response to God’s unconditional love for all people, Burke Presbyterian Church’s Preschool recognizes the inherent value of all children and their families. Our goal is to provide a safe and joyful environment in which unique individuals are encouraged to grow into themselves. We create learning experiences to foster children’s physical, emotional, cognitive, social, and spiritual growth and development. Further, we believe
* that children are competent and capable and are gifts from a loving God
* that children interact with their immediate world as a catalyst for learning
* that children use play to explore, experiment, and discover the world around them
* that children develop at unique timetables that are often uneven and unrelated to age
* that children thrive in learning environments that nurture and sustain
~an emerging sense of self and empathy for others
~ both structured and unstructured learning
~ the disposition to learn both by one’s self and with others as an enjoyable lifelong pursuit
Pursues our mission and cultivates a healthy community of learning.
Designs curricula and learning environment.
Engages in & encourages professional development for self and among staff.
Communicates with families.
Ensures compliance with regulations for safety.
Maintains proper documentation.
Knows every child by name and face, by needs and gifts.
Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
Sustains ongoing communication with the Burke Presbyterian Church Preschool School Board.
A Teacher of Teachers
Early Childhood Educator
Healthy Systems Builder
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field necessary
- 3+ years early childhood teaching experience necessary
- 2+ years administrative experience preferred
- Training or experience in leadership/management of adults considered
- Familiarity with state and county child care regulations
- Active participant in a Christian community
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, and set up learning environments
$35,000-$40,000, depending on education and experience
Submit resume, contact information for at least 3 references from previous employers / evaluators, and a cover to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, choose two of the seven core competencies listed in the job description, and write one paragraph (each) to describe your understanding of why those characteristics may be important to the role of Preschool Director.
Child Care Provider (Part-time)
A shared position, usually alternating Sundays and Saturday evenings, to assist in the running of the Burke Presbyterian Church Nursery which provides care for the nursery children and to direct the volunteers in their caregiving.
- Previous experience with infants, toddlers and preschool age children in a nursery environment. References are required.
- Successful completion of CPR and first aid training courses, or a willingness to complete these courses as soon as possible.
- Course work and/or knowledge in early childhood education, special education and/or elementary education or a certificate or diploma from a nursery or baby-sitting course is desirable.