Youth Ministry at Burke Presbyterian Church
We at Burke Presbyterian Church take seriously our baptismal promises to welcome and nurture youth on their journey of faith.
Please use this 2018-19 Registration Form (one per family) for the 7th-12th grade youth in your family who will participate in programs at the church. Feel free to contact Adam Ogg (email@example.com) if you have questions or need additional information.
The youth program at BPC provides growth opportunities across a broad range of Christian-based activities. Some of the ways we help welcome and nurture youth on their journey of faith:
- Youth Connections
- Spiritual Growth Offerings for Youth
- Youth Choir
- Worship Opportunities: Include serving as greeters, ushers, acolytes, and lay leaders, and participating in worship leadership on Youth Sunday.
- Education Opportunities: Include serving in the nursery, Sunday School, , Rainbow, Optional Enrichment, and special events.
- Youth Deacons: Two youth serve one-year terms on the Board of Deacons.
- Presbytery, Synod, and General Assembly: Opportunities include trips, workshops, retreats, and youth conferences. Senior highs may also serve on the Presbyterian Youth Connection Committee at the presbytery and synod level.
Burke Presbyterian Church is a PYC Church
Burke Presbyterian Church (BPC) is a Presbyterian Youth Connection congregation. In all aspects of our ministry with youth, we strive to be led by the five intentions of youth ministry:
- Call young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ
- Respond to the needs and interests of young people
- Work together, youth and adults, in partnership
- Be connected to the whole church, community, and world
- Be inclusive of all people
BPC is the chartering organization for Troop 1346 of the Boy Scouts of America. The troop participates in worship with us one Sunday each year.