Youth Ministry at Burke Presbyterian Church
We at Burke Presbyterian Church take seriously our baptismal promises to welcome and nurture youth on their journey of faith.
The youth program at BPC provides growth opportunities across a broad range of Christian-based activities. Some of the ways we help welcome and nurture youth on their journey of faith:
- Youth Connections
- Spiritual Growth Offerings for Youth
- Youth Choir
- Worship Opportunities: Include serving as greeters, ushers, acolytes, and lay leaders, and participating in worship leadership on Youth Sunday.
- Education Opportunities: Include serving in the nursery, Sunday School, , Rainbow, Optional Enrichment, and special events.
- Youth Deacons: Two youth serve one-year terms on the Board of Deacons.
- Presbytery, Synod, and General Assembly: Opportunities include trips, workshops, retreats, and youth conferences. Senior highs may also serve on the Presbyterian Youth Connection Committee at the presbytery and synod level.
You may register your youth for the BPC program one of two ways: Click here and register and pay online (we ask for a $95 annual fee, and scholarships are available). Or you may print this 2019-2020 Registration Form and submit it, along with a check for $95, to the church office.
Burke Presbyterian Church is a PYC Church
Burke Presbyterian Church (BPC) is a Presbyterian Youth Connection congregation. In all aspects of our ministry with youth, we strive to be led by the five intentions of youth ministry:
- Call young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ
- Respond to the needs and interests of young people
- Work together, youth and adults, in partnership
- Be connected to the whole church, community, and world
- Be inclusive of all people
BPC is the chartering organization for Troop 1346 of the Boy Scouts of America. The troop participates in worship with us one Sunday each year.